Monday, April 22, 2013

Where is Spring?

Are we in Maine?  I didn't think so but I am beginning to wonder!  I don't think they have officially announced that we are having a "noreaster" but I think we are!  It's been around 50 degrees for the past two days and the wind has been blowing between 25 and 35 mph - and they're calling for the same thing again tomorrow!  Very nasty!  My friend Samantha told me that when we get to Florida we will not come back north and at the time she said it I thought "yes, we will".  Now, I'm not so sure.  We're almost ready to scrap previous plans and head that way now!

We drove over to Virginia Beach today and went to the Virginia Aquarium.  We saw "Under the Sea" at their IMAX theatre and then had a nice mid-afternoon lunch at Bubba's Seafood.  I think we must have picked the worst Spring (weather wise) in recent history to embark on our sailing adventure.  Oh well, it will get warm one of these days and we will actually sail up the Chesapeake Bay!  Stay tuned...

1 comment: